Pneumatic End Effectors for Robot Tooling
Givens Engineering Inc. designs and manufactures custom pneumatic, electric, vacuum, powered end effectors and lift assists on a crane or hoist attached to industrial that can be either hung from below the hook on a crane or hoist attached to industrial manipulators, or used as end of arm robotic tooling (robotic).
Powered end effectors can incorporate a variety of movements to align a part between multiple pick up and set down orientations. Givens Engineering’s end effector tooling is designed to help factories and industrial manufacturers maneuver parts between operations or accommodate several different model variations.
Custom Designed Powered End Effectors
Givens Engineering Inc has a 13,000 sq. ft machine and design shop that employs experienced designers, engineers, machinists, welders, electricians, PLC programmers and installers. Our highly integrated working environment allows us to turn around projects rapidly whilst maintaining high level of quality. When designing our custom end effectors, we work with our clients from inception to installation so that we can provide them with a unique solution that is tailored to their operations and ergonomic equipment. Think of our end-of-arm-tooling as an extension of your machinery, allowing it to interact with your environment and improve productivity.
Safety Requirements for All Lifting Devices and End-of-Arm Tooling
- At least a 4:1 designed safety factor
- Meeting or exceeding ANSI specifications
- All welders are individually CWB certified
- Critical welds and other stress points are dye-penetrant tested, with documentation
- Load testing to double the rated capacity, with documentation
- Assembly drawing stamped by a Professional Engineer
- Rated load conspicuously labeled
Enhanced Safety Features for Pneumatic End Effector Grippers
- Air loss test, where the gripper must hold a grip after the air supply is cut off
- Push buttons for release and rotate must be operated by 2 pushbuttons simultaneously (two handed control with anti-tie down)
- Optional load sense to disable the release function while the load is being carried
Types of End Effectors
The following examples are just a handful of end-of-arm tooling solutions and lift assists that we have supplied to our satisfied customers:
Watch Our End Effectors in Action
Have any questions about our end effectors?